Brown County REA Yard Light Program
LED Yard Lights
Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps give off a white glow with the same amount of light as a mercury vapor bulb. LED bulbs use between 15 to 20 KWHs per month. Brown County REA presently uses a 40-watt LED fixture.
The light turns on automatically at dusk and off at dawn. It is controlled by an electric eye in the fixture.
All-night yard lights offer you:
- Convenient light after dark
- Longer work or recreation hours
- Fewer accidents in the work area
- Discouragement to prowlers
- Lower yard light costs
Brown County REA will service these lights, for a monthly charge, if you are signed up for the program. Services include: furnishing, hanging, and maintaining the lighting system and will replace and maintain the equipment at no additional cost.
The member is responsible for any maintenance cost due to vandalism.
The lights are installed on the meter pole unless other arrangements are made. If arrangements are made for installation on another pole or there isn't any wiring to the top of you present meter pole or you run into a wiring issue, you will need to contact an electrician to do this for you. Brown County REA can't furnish wiring to the top of the pole.
LED rental maintenance fee is $4.00 + tax per month (billed on your electric bill statement)
- There is no service charge to install the light, but if you request the light to be removed and it has been less than 2 years since it was installed you will be billed a service call.
- These lights will use additional KWHs each month and those will be billed along with your regular KWH usage each month
If you wish to participate in the Yard Light Rental Program please call our office at (800) 658-2368 or (507) 794-3331, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the link below to submit the form.