Sign Up For Outage Texting
Follow these steps to sign up to receive notifications via text message or email. With this service you are still able to text your outage in and request status updates on your outage via text. Below you will also find registration instructions, how to report an outage, and how to request an outage status. If you would like to watch a video tutorial, please click on the button below to be directed to the registration site and click on the "Video Tutorial" button at the bottom left - this will direct you to a Youtube video and show you how to register.
Please click the following button to be directed to our registration site:
- Click the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and enable cookies to continue
- The next page you will need to enter your account number and the cell phone number that is linked to your account
- If your cell phone number is NOT on your account you will not be able to sign-up, please contact our office at (800) 658-2368 to have your cell phone added to the account
- Click the "GO" button
- You will receive a text with a verification code you will have to enter into the webpage and click "Verify"
- This code is NOT case sensitive
- You will now have access to the account summary screen
- To manage your account, click the blue pencil next to the account number; this will allow you to do the following: enable/disable texting and emails on this page, add phone numbers and e-mail addresses that you would like to receive notifications to, and add/edit service nicknames (you can only use a nickname once - for example House can only be used on one account)
- To view accounts tied to a specific phone number you will need to click on the phone number
- Manage phone numbers allows you to enable/disable which accounts are tied to that phone number for notifications
- To view accounts tied to a specific e-mail you will need to click on the e-mail
- Manage e-mail address allows you to enable/disable which accounts are tied to that e-mail for notifications
- At any time, you can return to account summary page by clicking the "Accounts" on the main menu bar at the top (this option only shows if you have more than one account)
- Once you are finished making corrections you can log out of your account. If you would like to access your account to change methods of notifications, please repeat these steps.
Reporting an Outage via Text
- Text "Outage" to 55050
- If you only have meter, you can just text "outage"
- If you have multiple meters, you will get a response text where you will be asked to provide what meter/location is out of power (you can either enter the number of the nickname that is associated with the correct location as it appears in the list from the text you received)
- Once the outage is texted correctly you will receive a confirmation text
- Once the power is restored you will receive a text message indicating the power has been restored
Requesting Status of an Outage via Text
- Text "OutageStatus" to 55050
- Our system will reply with a message notifying you of the status