About Budget Billing
Budget Billing is a set payment plan for each month based on your previous 12 months usage history. Budget billing estimate letters are mailed out with April statements and final letters are mailed out with May statements. If the account usage exceeds the Budget Billing amount you will owe the balance due at the end of the budget cycle. If the Budget Billing amount exceeds the member's usage the account will be credited. You will continue to receive your monthly statement, but only the Budget Billing amount is due. All Budget Billing payments are still due by the 20th of each month.
Requirements to Participate in Budget Billing
1. Budget Billing is available to all residential customers (excludes irrigation, commercial, and street light accounts)
2. Service must be connected year round.
3. The member must have 12 consecutive months of prior usage before being eligible
- The monthly payment due will be based on the previous years usage
- Members will receive a bill indicating monthly usage, amount charges, and the accounts current balance, but only the Budget Billing amount will be due at that time
4. Brown County REA's collection procedures will apply to Budget Billing accounts.
5. If any payment should be returned to BCREA for non-sufficient funds, the account will be taken off of Budget Billing. The member will be given written notice by BCREA if Budget Billing is terminated for their account.
6. When a member leaves BCREA they will still be responsible for any usage that exceeded their monthly Budget Billing amount.
7. Participating in Budget Billing is voluntary.
For more information contact us at (800) 658-2368 or (507) 794-3331 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.