About Us

About Us


To safely provide our members with electric service at the lowest possible cost, consistent with sound business practices.


Brown County REA will:

- Provide the best energy value to our customers.
- Focus on the needs of our customers and community.
- Provide competitively priced services and products.
- Promote the creation of valued partnerships.


- The customer comes first.
- The expectation of ourselves is excellence.
- Each individual is critical to our success.
- We operate as a team.
- We perform our responsibilities in a safe and environmentally sound manner with the highest ethical standards.

From the Chief Executive Officer

More than 3,800 members own Brown County REA. We serve the rural area of Brown County and parts of Nicollet, Sibley, Blue Earth, Renville, Redwood, Cottonwood and Watonwan counties. Members like you established this cooperative in 1937.

At Brown County REA we strive to give our members good service. We want to deliver reliable electric energy to you at the lowest possible cost. You, through your elected Board of Directors, control the direction of your Cooperative.

Because Brown County REA is your electric company, we want to serve your energy needs in the best way possible. You will find on this web site some of the information about your cooperative that is of special interest to you as a member-owner. If after reading it you have questions., please contact the office at 800-658-2368 or local 794-3331. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Mike Heidemann
Chief Executive Officer



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs).

Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape , American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202)720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_ filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)        mail:    U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)        fax:      (202) 690-7442; or

(3)        email: program.intake@usda.gov

This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.